View Single Post

Old 08-12-2019, 05:30 PM
Swarup Swarup is offline Windows 10 Office 2016
Competent Performer

Swarup is on a distinguished road

I was able to manage all 49 chapters of this 300 page text with the parent field, sub-fields, and bookmarks for each chapter. Everything worked out perfectly.

The only problem I am facing in this connection is the preface, which is in roman numeral page numbers. The page number field works fine; however in the "X of Z", where X is {={ Page }-{PageRef S1} }, and Z is {SectionPages}, and the entire expression is {={ Page }-{ PageRef S1 } } of { SectionPages }, here the "{={ Page }-{ PageRef S1 } }" is yielding the result "!Undefined Bookmark, XIII".

I have tested the individual fields, and both work. That is, { Page } gives the result xiii, and { PageRef S1 } gives the result xi. But "{={ Page }-{ PageRef S1 } }" is yielding the result "!Undefined Bookmark, XIII". The needed result would have been "ii", that is, the roman numeral for "2".

Any idea why this error is occurring? Is it that MS Word cannot manage subtraction of roman numerals? (I wouldn't think roman numerals would be at all an issue, but I cannot find any mistake with the syntax.)