View Single Post

Old 08-09-2019, 08:30 AM
ChunkyChunder ChunkyChunder is offline Windows 10 Office 2016
Novice

ChunkyChunder is on a distinguished road
Default Publisher running veeeery slow!

Hope someone on here has an answer to this. I use Publisher 2016 to produce stamp album pages for philatelists. I have been doing this since 2015, previously using Office 2013. I have been using 2016 since it was first issued with no problems until the last few days. Selecting, typing, navigating is incredibly slow. I'm having to wait up to half a minute before a picture is selected and I've given up trying to select more than one object. I used to have two versions open side by side for the purposes of copy/cut and paste and it ran very fast and smooth. Now just one version open with no images at all is running so slow if it unusable. Unless I find a solution to this I will have to look for alternative software.

I have looked online and tried various suggestions, none of which have worked. Disabling Page Navigation (which I find really useful), disabling hardware graphics acceleration, compressing images, disabling images! etc. This is a last desperate attempt to find a fix so that I don't have to use other software and possibly convert 4 years worth of work and hundreds of files.