View Single Post

Old 08-08-2019, 10:34 PM
ArviLaanemets ArviLaanemets is offline Windows 8 Office 2016
Expert

ArviLaanemets has much to be proud ofArviLaanemets has much to be proud ofArviLaanemets has much to be proud ofArviLaanemets has much to be proud ofArviLaanemets has much to be proud ofArviLaanemets has much to be proud ofArviLaanemets has much to be proud ofArviLaanemets has much to be proud ofArviLaanemets has much to be proud of

Had Internet blackout almost full day yesterday and couldn't post my solution. Anyway I don't want to waste it, so here it is!

I prefer to work with defined Tables, so I used them. Columns with colored headers are helper columns - you can hide them.

As FIND() is case sensitive, I changed all bead type definitions to lower case.

Currently all items are marked for bead type, whenever the key string appears anywhere in description. Because there are bead type declarations (a string in description which declares the type of item) like "Bead Type: blue crystals" you can't use type definitions like "Bead Type: crystal" for getting entries with only declared type - unless you make separate type for e.g. every crystal color. (I'm afraid with thousands of items you aren't ready to replace all type declarations with ones like "Bead Type: crystal; Color: blue;".)

I added a report sheet where you select a type, and get full list of items having key string in description.

To have a possibility to extract the type string from description, and as follows to get a more flexible solution with less of needed helper columns you must have type declarations to be standardized with string start and end being exactly defined. Currently there is a mess in this department!
Attached Files
File Type: xlsx Example_ListLookup.xlsx (28.8 KB, 6 views)