View Single Post

Old 08-07-2019, 01:04 PM
Swarup Swarup is offline Windows 10 Office 2016
Competent Performer

Swarup is on a distinguished road

I corrected this line as suggested, and the macro ran. Every other page of this 300+ page document is now literally 80% of the page filled with 30 lines of code. And every other page has code in the footer as well as the header, although when the macro asked me whether I wanted the work done in the header or footer, I selected the footer. What the output of all these mountains of code is, is not clear to me. I highlighted some of it and right clicked and selected Toggle Codes, and on some pages it actually showed me a "page 2 of 8 section pages". But most of the pages have just huge amounts of code on them which does not give any output even when one right clicks to toggle the code. All told, it looks like a disaster. I could never trust my file with this macro.

I would prefer to do this work manually, chapter by chapter, putting in the codes myself. If you could help me to just figure out why although the two individual fields I made did yield proper output, but when I put them into the parent field it is giving a syntax error. At least I have control over it when I do it chapter by chapter myself. Kindly help to clear up why the parent field is not yielding the desired output.