View Single Post

Old 07-23-2019, 06:13 PM
don.johnson don.johnson is offline Windows 10 Office 2016
Novice

don.johnson is on a distinguished road
Default How to have 2 column and 2 language outlines/text

Hello, I am looking for guidance and suggestions for working with a 120-page document that has 2 columns and 2 languages.
At the moment, I created a 2-column table (landscape orientation), where I have my English text in one column, and the translated Spanish text in another. The text is set up loosely in an outline format, going from a chapter division to section division to major, intermediate, and minor points.

Because there are occasions where the Spanish text is longer or the English text is longer, the lines don't automatically line up, and I have some embedded tables and images throughout the text, too. These are bumps in the road, but I can work with them.

One of the big frustrations is that spell check does not work within table cells, so I can't easily check my work.

I would like to also grab the entire Spanish column, for example, and paste it into a separate, portrait oriented document that is ready for distribution to my classes without a lot of effort.

My question to this grand body is: Do you have a better suggestion for using a two-column format (I need them together when I teach in Latin America so I only have one set of notes for my use), that will allow me to have outline indentation and formatting, that will do spell checking, and that will allow me to extract to a single-language document fairly easily?

Thanks for your recommendations!
Don