View Single Post

Old 07-22-2019, 09:30 PM
gmayor gmayor is offline Windows 10 Office 2016
Expert

gmayor has much to be proud ofgmayor has much to be proud ofgmayor has much to be proud ofgmayor has much to be proud ofgmayor has much to be proud ofgmayor has much to be proud ofgmayor has much to be proud ofgmayor has much to be proud of

The problem with adding words - in the case of Greg's version to a table. In the case of mine to an array, is not the addition of terms to either, but the processing required to get the required text associated with those terms. Finding the terms is simple enough but it is the results associated with the terms that are at issue.

Greg has made some sensible choices to enable you to input terms and report TRUE, and also to select particular values a set distance from the found term e.g. XXX and I would have used Mr and not Mr X to find the age of the person. His version doesn't highlight the terms, but that's an easy addition.

Unfortunately with manuscripts that do not conform to a standard pattern pasted into the document it can still be a bit hit and miss when trying to extract the results, and one sample is insufficient to produce more accurate results - and given the nature of what you are doing, I would have wanted the results to be accurate.

Had I been doing this I would have started with a form with a fixed layout using content controls or fields to enter the required pieces of information, but that would mean changing the 'electronic medical record' that you paste from.

What format is that medical record in? Would it be possible to read directly from that record as the chances are that it will be in a more structured format?

If you want to supply some more information and some further samples including a full list of terms to find, you can send them to the contact link on my web site (add your forum username to the subject so it won't get swept away by my spam filters) and I will see what else needs to be done.

I can share them privately with Greg (who is a friend of long standing) if you wish.