View Single Post

Old 07-22-2019, 12:40 AM
Tphil413 Tphil413 is offline Windows 10 Office 2016
Novice

Tphil413 is on a distinguished road
Default Macro to automate Roster file refreshes based on a status value

Hey Forum,

I need some help with writing a series of macros to automate the refresh of HR information in my Roster-Payroll file. This file is used to track all filled and open roles including salary and other relevant information about the position (PID) and the employee that occupies that role (EID). The file is refreshed weekly with updated information from our HR systems. Currently these refreshes are performed manually and are time consuming and prone to error. Rather than a mass update, I want the ability to refresh a row at a time so I can review before I refresh. Thinking of linking the macro to a key stroke trigger to activate. The file has a status column that will dictate what the macro should do based on the status value. Just place your cursor in the status cell and activate the macros to refresh the row.

I've included a lot more detailed macro information in the attached example file. Note: All test data is fictitious, but the format of the file is identical to the real file I am trying to automate.

Thanks - any and all help is appreciated!
Attached Files
File Type: xlsx Example B.xlsx (496.7 KB, 10 views)