View Single Post

Old 07-18-2019, 01:59 PM
trikky trikky is offline Windows 10 Office 2019
Novice

trikky is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmayor View Post
Did you actually attach the data source to the document and complete the merge? It's a bit tortuous but Paul's field codes usually work as intended. This lot is no exception.
Yes. I tested it on the application I'm using and it gave an error. A merge with my original document, that uses {MERGEFIELD LeadBrokerHtcPhone \*MERGEFORMAT} , worked fine (although the phone number formatting is not what I want, which of course is why I'm looking at making the change. When I uploaded the new document with the revised code, I get an error.

Quote:
Press ALT+F9 to toggle the fields and it shows...
Thanks for the Alt+F9. At least I know the correct code is there. I was a little confused before because I couldn't see it.

Quote:
Don't even try to make that into fields without using Import and export field constructions as text. Copy it from the document.
Yes. Did that, using a macro referred to in Macropod's post, and it converted the fields without giving an error, so as far as that is concerned, I THINK it's good to go.

Quote:
Or you could simply add another column to your data sheet with the number as text in the correct format and merge that field instead.
Alas, it's a database somewhere else in the system and I don't think that it's something that I can easily change. I'm looking further into that.

Ultimately, if this code that I'm using SHOULD work, then it's the application that is the issue. I'm thinking it's the {QUOTE} before the rest of the code that's causing the issue, but I wanted to make sure I hadn't made an error somewhere else.

Thanks again for your help.