View Single Post

Old 07-17-2019, 01:14 PM
trikky trikky is offline Windows 10 Office 2019
Novice

trikky is on a distinguished road
Default Phone Number Replace ( ) and - with periods (I'm ALMOST there)

I have a mail merge document where the source phone number is (123) 456-7890. I want the phone number on the completed document to appear as 123.456.7890 .

I have used some info I found elsewhere from Macropod with a potential fix, but it doesn't seem to work in the application I'm using for the merge, so I'm thinking I'm missing something. I've attached some files to help understand what i'm getting here.

On the document I'm designing, when I add the field, there is not a visible reference to the fieldname (mailmerge_entered.jpg). I'm thinking this may be the cause of the error in the application I'm using.

When I expand the mailmerge field (Shift+F9), I can see the QUOTE tag and nothing much else). (mailmerge_expanded.jpg), so it's there.

When I Update the field, the number formatting seems to be formatted correctly. (mailmerge_update.jpg)

I would appreciate someone looking at the attached file (the macro is one from here that converts text to the mailmerge format) and let me know if I'm missing anything.

Thanks in advance for any assistance you can offer.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg mailmerge_entered.jpg (10.2 KB, 11 views)
File Type: jpg mailmerge_expanded.jpg (9.2 KB, 11 views)
File Type: jpg mailmerge_updated.jpg (10.0 KB, 11 views)
Attached Files
File Type: docx mail merge replace parenthese with dot CODE.docx (14.5 KB, 7 views)