View Single Post

Old 07-17-2019, 08:33 AM
Patrik Patrik is offline Mac OS X Office 2019
Novice

Patrik is on a distinguished road
Default Import PST not possible / workaround wanted

Dear Community,
I'm trying to import a .pst file (exported on a Windows computer) in Outlook for Mac (Version 16.26) but the process bar doesn't move at all, even after hours. Cancelling the task doesn't work. When I try to quit the application, it says, I need X GB of free space, which I have. I have taken a short screen capture. I uploaded it to Youtube: Outlook Problem - YouTube
This is just to show the whole process. The times before I have waited at least an hour for the import, but there was no progress. The status bar doesn't move at all.

I have already addressed this issue to Microsoft. They want me to try the import on another device, which is not possible at the moment. Now, because I couldn't solve this problem, I'm trying to find a workaround.

The previous owner of the mailbox used many folders to organize the emails. I need to keep that structure. Now my problem is, that those folders are not visible on the webmail / mailserver. There only the folders "inbox", "sent", "trash" and some others exist. If I could sync the folder structure from her outlook (2013 or 2016) to the mailserver, I could later just download / sync from there and wouldn't need the .pst. Does that thought make sense and how can I achieve, that the folder syncs between Outlook and the mailserver?

I'm sorry for the long and maybe complicated post.
Thank you a lot for helping me out on this one.