View Single Post

Old 07-16-2019, 02:02 AM
AVoelp AVoelp is offline Windows 10 Office 2019
Novice

AVoelp is on a distinguished road
Default Type 1 (PostScript) Fonts in Office 2019

Dear Community:

I use MS Windows 10 (1903) 64-bit (German localized version) with several Type 1 (PostScript) fonts installed. While I had no problems installing these fonts, and they work well with most of my applications, there seems to be an issue with MS Office 2019:
  • In Word and PowerPoint, Type 1 fonts appear in the font selection dialog, and the preview in the dialog looks perfectly all right. However, when I use a Type 1 font on my text, the display on the screen is corrupted (the Type 1 fonts are replaced by some other font but the character width does not match). Print-outs of the same documents are o.k.
  • In Excel and Visio, Type 1 fonts are missing in the font selection dialog. However, when I open a document to which these fonts have already been assigned (on another machine with Windows 7 / Office 2010), they display and print all right.
  • Publisher and Access appear to have no issues with Type 1 fonts (everything works as expected).
Any ideas about how I can get my Type 1 fonts working again in all Office 2019 applications? If this involves converting my Type 1 fonts to OpenType or TrueType, is there a "recommended", preferably free converter? And, most importantly, is there a way of converting my Type 1 fonts (or buying the current OTF version of these fonts) so that they will replace the old Type 1 fonts in my documents automatically (I want to avoid having to re-assign the fonts in my legacy documents)?

Regards, Andreas