Old 07-05-2019, 10:46 AM
MB300E! MB300E! is offline Windows 10 Office 2010 32bit
Novice

MB300E! is on a distinguished road
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by IainC View Post
What was your solution ??
I honestly don't remember Iain, it was over a year ago. But I may have some notes somewhere in one of my binders, I shall look but it may take some time. I got in the habit years ago of taking notes as I do installs, upgrades and repairs, then when things break they usually help with a solution.

Microsoft don't understand that many people still use older apps and software, so they turn off activation servers after a few years, then their attitude is screw the users, buy a new version. With many apps like some Adobe ones you can download older releases with a special Key that will activate the app without the activation server. If one tries to re-install from original discs they will not activate. Been there done that got the scars and the tee shirt.

BTW, I still have dual boot Dell 755 PC with XP and 7. I boot to XP when I want to run apps from the 80s that are no longer available or compatible. It works fine, a little slow by today's standards but I am in no rush to get to my funeral either.

Don't hold your breath though, I'll do my best.

Peter B.