View Single Post

Old 07-01-2019, 08:29 PM
RP McIntosh RP McIntosh is offline Windows 10 Office 2010
Novice

RP McIntosh is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by macropod View Post
There is evidently some form of corruption in the document, which I've not been able to rectify. That said, I have been able to extract the chart data and create a new chart in Excel. See attached.

You might like to play with the chart formatting to get it looking like your original, so you can maintain it all in Excel. You might even move the chart to a separate sheet to simplify printing. And, as I mentioned before, simply changing the date range spanned in Excel will allow you to have a single chart that spans any range of interest - something you can't easily do in your Word document.
This is an old thread, but thought I would post an update, since I stumbled onto the problem's solution. Since I have some vision problems, I have my display Scale setting in both Windows 10 and Windows 7 set at 125%. Turns out, this causes the problem in a Word graph. If I set the scale back to 100%, then the documents display normally, and can be edited without changing the way they are displayed. I stumbled onto this by accident when working with the Windows 7 computer. The Word documents had been displaying normally on the Windows 7 computer. Then I decided to increase the resolution, which of course, made things smaller. I then went to the display settings and changed the scale to 125% to make things larger. First time I opened the Word document after making that change, the weird behavior appeared. If I changed the Scale back to 100%, things returned to normal. So I then tried it on the Windows 10 computer, with the same results--Scale at 125%, strange behavior. Scale at 100%, all is well. I still like the 125%, so now I cope with the issue by simply resetting the Scale to 100% to work with that specific document, then set it back to 125% for working with everything else.

Don't need any additional help with this issue. Just posted this for information, in case someone else encounters the same problem.