View Single Post

Old 02-22-2011, 07:36 AM
mnorman mnorman is offline Windows XP Office 2003
Novice

mnorman is on a distinguished road

Outlook/Word/Office 2010/32 bit. W7/64 bit. Yes, Word2010 is the only Office app that crashes and it crashes only when I try to mail merge. Here's a problem details list when I tried to mail merge letters using outlook recipients -- WITH OUTLOOK CLOSED:

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
Application Name: WINWORD.EXE
Application Version: 14.0.5123.5000
Application Timestamp: 4c646b38
Fault Module Name: OUTLMIME.DLL
Fault Module Version: 14.0.4760.1000
Fault Module Timestamp: 4ba84149
Exception Code: c0000005
Exception Offset: 0006b896
OS Version: 6.1.7600.2.0.0.256.48
Locale ID: 1033

Additional information about the problem:
LCID: 1033
skulcid: 1033

Please not I get different fault module names for Envelopes, labels, directory and letters.

Once I've opened Outlook, Word mail merges fine, most of the time. When Outlook is closed and I try to mailmerge, I get the Choose Profile dialog. I only have one profile and when I click OK, Word MOST OFTEN crashes. Once in a while, after I've opened Outlook, tried Word mail merge, closed Word, then closed Outlook and reopened Word, the mail merge will work. But it's hit and miss. It's almost as if Word, often, can't find the Outlook .pst until Outlook is either open or has been run a few times, as if to point the way. And even then, it does not work a hundred percent of the time. It's very spotty and erratic with Outlook closed -- mostly crashes -- and more consistent, though not one hundred percent, with Outlook open.

Thanks.

[IMG]file:///C:/Users/Michael/AppData/Local/Temp/moz-screenshot-1.png[/IMG]
[IMG]file:///C:/Users/Michael/AppData/Local/Temp/moz-screenshot.png[/IMG]