View Single Post

Old 06-19-2019, 04:55 AM
rwoodvet rwoodvet is offline Windows 10 Office 2016
Novice

rwoodvet is on a distinguished road
Default This worked for me, but I have questions..

Paul,

Good morning from Virginia! I realize that this post is ten years old, but I'm hoping I can still gets some assistance with the macro you provided.

I made minor changes to suit my needs better:

1. Changed the following because we use section breaks in our documents:
Code:
wdActiveEndAdjustedPageNumber
to
Code:
wdActiveEndPageNumber
2. Commented out the follwing because it was putting the first and last columns of the table outside of the margins of the page.
Code:
.Columns.AutoFit
Issue #1:
One of the issues I'm having is that the terms are not being pulled and placed into the Term column, or it pulls the term(s) and the entire sentence it was in.

I had a thought where I could try to make it find the words that start with each letter in the acronym, and place them into the table. But some of our acronyms are more like abbreviations, so that won't work.

Issue #2:
In the line below, you have 6 pairs of double quotes, some of which surround an open or closed parenthesis, but I can't figure out what the "|" is for. What is that, and why is there 6 pairs of double quotes?
Code:
StrTmp = Replace(Replace(Replace(.Text, " (", "("), "(", "|"), ")", "")
Actually, now that I've looked at it more, there are 6 open parentheses and 4 closed parentheses on that line. Shouldn't there be equal pairs?

I'm going to try and massage it more to get it to do what I need it to, but would like to ask you more questions if you're available.

Thanks for the macro and your time!