View Single Post

Old 06-18-2019, 01:34 PM
DaveP DaveP is offline Windows 10 Office 2010
Novice

DaveP is on a distinguished road

Thanks for the response!

I tried this code out, and it opened a file path, but if it's storing the file path in the macro for future use, I'm not seeing it.

The whole goal is to be able to provide access to templates that have not been created yet, as they are created. On the files tab in word, you can click "copy path to clipboard".
My idea is--- the user will be notified that the new file has been created, they locate the file, run the macro, copy path into the input box, and now forever, instead of doing that process or searching for the correct file, there is a button in the application that has stored the file path to be opened for future use. I hope that makes sense. Our filing system is kind of incredibly specific (necessarily specific, though) and, at times, very hard to navigate. If the user has the option to open a document without ever leaving the document they're working on, it will save us loads of time and frustration.

Was I supposed to run this code with my original code in it somewhere, maybe? I created a module to test this idea in within word, so what you sent is just below the original code in the Visual Basic window.