View Single Post

Old 06-11-2019, 05:44 AM
kilroyscarnival kilroyscarnival is offline Windows 7 64bit Office 2010
Expert

kilroyscarnival is just really nicekilroyscarnival is just really nicekilroyscarnival is just really nicekilroyscarnival is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by munchi12 View Post
Hi all, does anyone know if there is a function to merge multiple rows of data from an excel spreadsheet into a word document without using copy and paste?

I have a word template that im required to follow but i cannot do a copy paste method because one of the cells in the word document is a merged cell.

I would like to ask if it is possible to have the data be automatically transferred onto the word document much like a mail merge function but without creating an entirely new template.

E.g. to have data from Columns A-E from row 1 to fit into the word document with a table like below:
[A1][B1][C1]
[D1][E1]

[A2][B2][C2]
[D2][E2]

Is it possible to have the data for row 2 of my excel to fit in the same word document automatically? how do i get word to automatically recognise that it needs to go to the next row and fill in the data from the next row in excel?
I've used mail merge to do essentially the same thing, transfer info from an Excel worksheet into a Word form which is a table with customized cells (some merged, some not). For my purposes, though, each Excel record generates a separate small table, rather than one continuous Word table.