View Single Post

Old 06-10-2019, 06:51 AM
NoSparks NoSparks is offline Windows 7 64bit Office 2010 64bit
Excel Hobbyist

NoSparks is just really niceNoSparks is just really niceNoSparks is just really niceNoSparks is just really niceNoSparks is just really nice

Quote:
I've been trying to figure out what's different, same columns and headers and similar data. Only thing I noticed is my dataset in excel seems to be longer than it is, meaning my scroll bar thinks there's data in about 1000 cells below my actual data. I've tried clearing them and see no values or formulas. But when I Shift-Control-End it includes a bunch of blank cells. Do you think that could be causing the issue?
Didn't noticed the size of the used range before.
Run this macro against the sheet and see if it rectifies things.
If it doesn't, you'll need to attach another Example data sheet that has these issues.
Code:
'CREDIT: MARK858
'https://www.mrexcel.com/forum/excel-questions/1073109-usedrange-no-longer-working.html#post5155296
Sub LoseThatWeightx()
    Dim xx As Long, LastRow As Long, LastCol As Long
    Application.ScreenUpdating = False
    With ActiveSheet
        LastRow = .Cells.Find(What:="*", After:=.Range("A1"), LookIn:=xlValues, _
                              LookAt:=xlPart, SearchOrder:=xlByRows, SearchDirection:=xlPrevious).Row
        LastCol = .Cells.Find(What:="*", After:=.Range("A1"), LookIn:=xlValues, _
                              LookAt:=xlPart, SearchOrder:=xlByColumns, SearchDirection:=xlPrevious).Column
        .Range(.Cells(1, LastCol + 1), .Cells(Rows.Count, Columns.Count)).Delete
        .Range(.Cells(LastRow + 1, 1), .Cells(Rows.Count, Columns.Count)).Delete
    End With
    xx = Application.ActiveSheet.UsedRange.Rows.Count
    Application.ScreenUpdating = True
End Sub