Thread: [Solved] Word Merge Grouping
View Single Post

Old 06-05-2019, 04:42 AM
spyldbrat spyldbrat is offline Windows 10 Office 2016
Novice

spyldbrat is on a distinguished road
Default Word Merge Grouping

I am at my wits end. I have spent MANY hours searching on multiple forums, google and watching multiple video's and I am still unable to make this work!

I have an excel file that list the customer, invoices that are open for that customer and their email address. This is data that was exported from Access so each line lists the customer, a unique invoice #, and email address associated with the customer. There are other fields that also exist on the spreadsheet but to keep this simple, I won't list them unless requested.

I am trying to do a email mail merge so that I can email each customer a "Statement" of open invoices. The problem is that for each invoice, I get a separate page. I know there is a way to group them so all invoices for one customer would appear on the same page.

I tried the "NEXT RECORD IF" rule, but I am thinking this may not be what I want since it appears that I need to specify a specific customer in the COMPARE TO? I also found multiple videos/tutorials on using the Directory mail merge. I am ok until I get to the technical and probably the most important part - the coding at the end (I believe they are called if statements?). I know how to read some macro coding in excel, but I am completely lost with this coding.

Can anybody help me?