View Single Post

Old 06-04-2019, 06:24 AM
kilroyscarnival kilroyscarnival is offline Windows 7 64bit Office 2010
Expert

kilroyscarnival is just really nicekilroyscarnival is just really nicekilroyscarnival is just really nicekilroyscarnival is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by macropod View Post
Word automatically wraps text, so you shouldn't have an issue with the 'wrap-around-end-of-line feature' part unless you go hitting the <Enter> key at the end of every line. As for the 'Place 2 returns after every element' instruction, that's actually bad practice. What you should do is format the paragraph Styles concerned so their 'space after' setting is equivalent to two lines.
Agreed, using Word spacing is more efficient. However, I work in a place where I'm mostly revising documents others have created, and they use two manual returns to do paragraph separation. In some fields and companies, that's just the way it's been done and the new hire isn't going to be able to change those up the food chain. They also do two spaces after a period. That was a tough habit to break 20 years ago, and even tougher to un-break for me as a typist.

So I'd advise doing it the way you're told for now, especially if you're new in a position.

By the way, I'd ask to look at sample work or find some in the files. The "wrap around" bit may actually mean justified text?