Thread: [Solved] Field not show result
View Single Post

Old 06-02-2019, 03:48 PM
macropod macropod is offline Windows 7 64bit Office 2010 32bit
Administrator

macropod has a reputation beyond reputemacropod has a reputation beyond reputemacropod has a reputation beyond reputemacropod has a reputation beyond reputemacropod has a reputation beyond reputemacropod has a reputation beyond reputemacropod has a reputation beyond reputemacropod has a reputation beyond reputemacropod has a reputation beyond reputemacropod has a reputation beyond reputemacropod has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by eduzs View Post
{ Name } Is an empty field ( CTRL+F9 ) which I type "Name" inside, doing this, the field become a "REF" field (no need to type REF). It is returnning a error because "Name" value is set elsewhere in the document (as I said, not shown above), like this:
Code:
{ SET Name { FILLIN "What's your name?" } }
Well, you hadn't previously mentioned the use of a SET field and, in any event, what you're doing there can be done using a simple ASK field - which is what I suggested in post #3. You really should pay attention to such things.
Quote:
TITLE: "The Title field inserts the contents of the Title box from the Summary tab in the Properties dialog box.
In that case, you should be using a DOCPROPERTY field - { Title } field on its own is not valid.
Quote:
ADDIN seems to be very useful, for any fields manipulations/settings you not want to be show in the document.
Not if that content is invalid, which was the whole point of my previous reply.