View Single Post

Old 05-17-2019, 11:08 AM
skeezix skeezix is offline Windows 10 Office 97-2003
Competent Performer

skeezix is on a distinguished road
Default Problem Opening Older Docs with My Newer "My Template.DOT"

Before 2019 I created several documents using the template Normal.dot. When I closed those documents the styles that I used were saved in the document.

Starting in 2019 I changed some of the styles in Normal.dot, saved the template as My Template.dot, changed the name of Normal.dot to Normal (Backup).dot and then created some new documents using My Template.dot.

When I start Word 2000 and select File > New... I see that Normal.dot is no longer listed among the templates. I see Normal (Backup).dot in its place along with My Template.dot. This can be seen in the attached image.

Now when I open a document that I created before 2019 the document opens using the styles that were saved in that document instead of the styles that are in My Template.dot.

No matter if I open a document that was created before 2019 or one that I created after 2019, and then click File > Properties, the Summaries tab shows Normal.dot as the template in use.

How can I make those documents that I created before 2019 automatically use My Template.dot instead of using the styles that were saved in those documents?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2019 My Template_dot.jpg (43.3 KB, 25 views)