View Single Post

Old 05-15-2019, 09:16 AM
shawn.low@cox.net shawn.low@cox.net is offline Windows 10 Office 2016
Novice

shawn.low@cox.net is on a distinguished road

Hi Paul,

I went through the thread you suggested (mailmerge Tips and Tricks) and I've made some adjustments to the IF statements and for the most part, things are working properly now.
I am still having one issue.
The "single" (for lack of a better way to explain it) action IF statement, things work great (i.e. {IF <<merge_field>> = 1 "1" "2"}.
Its when I need the IF statement to evaluate multiple things that I have a problem.
We do business in several States, and depending on which State the customer lives in, I need the correct paragraph to appear in the document.
I have tried "nesting" the IF statements like this:
{IF <<Borrowers_State>> = "CA" "CA Paragraph" " { IF <<Borrowers_State>> = "NV" "NV Paragraph" "" }} (I have added up to 9 nested IF statements in the past),
and I have tried splitting the IF statements up like this:
{IF <<Borrowers_State>> = "CA" "CA Paragraph" "" }
{IF <<Borrowers_State>> = "NV" "NV Paragraph" ""} (and so forth)

I was wondering if the issue might be that I am using a Merge Field in the IF statement? I don;t actually need the data to be "Merged" into the document, I just need the IF statement to check the Value that is in that field (Borrowers State) and based on the result, either include, or exclude the correct paragraph.

I hope that makes sense?

I will continue to look through the multiple string within this forum, but if you have some insight I would greatly appreciate the help.

Thank You Paul, and Cheers,
Shawn