View Single Post

Old 05-13-2019, 10:17 AM
shawn.low@cox.net shawn.low@cox.net is offline Windows 10 Office 2016
Novice

shawn.low@cox.net is on a distinguished road
Default "IF" Staement(s) not Working properly

Hi Paul,

Thank you for the feedback.
This is where it gets so darn frustrating. I am using Conga Composer to "create" the Document and send it to our customers for signature (We use DocuSign for the signing part).
So here is the bigger picture, and we'll see if this changes things.
We use Salesforce.com as our CRM. Our Loan Agents take the loan app using SFDC, and then the goal is that they click a button which says "Send Loan Agreement".
When they click this button (the button is created by Conga Composer), there is an automated process that gets the Word Doc called "Consumer Loan Promissory Note & Disclosure" (which has already been upload into Conga Composer), and pulls in data from Salesforce through "Merge" fields (Conga formats the merge fields using double bracers, i.e. {{Affiliate_Id}}. If I only use single bracers, Conga will not merge the data from SFDC into the document.
In Addition,

I need the Word doc to perform some logic, hence the addition of the "IF" statement into the Word Doc itself. This is where I might be having some issues (at least I think so).

I am asking Word to reference a field in SFDC (In this case, its a field called "Affiliate Id". I don;t need the data merged into the document, just referenced).
Word needs to check that field, and IF the value is X, then add the paragraph that I have for the "True" part of the IF statement, and if the value is NOT X, then do not add anything.
So basically, the IF statement needs to check and see if the Affiliate Id equals X, then add, X paragraph, if it's Y, then add the Y paragraph, if it's A, then add the A paragraph, if it's B, then add the B paragraph, and if it none of those values, then only add the C paragraph.
I need to do this in about 4-5 places through out the Word Doc, adding certain paragraphs depending on a field value in SFDC.

I think where I am going wrong is that I need to use the double bracers - {{ }}, when it's a Merge Field and data needs to be merged into the document, BUT...
When I use an IF statement, I need to use the standard double brackets - << >> that Word uses.
Or do I need to use any bracers at all, since all I'm doing is checking the value of the field (no merge necessary) for a specific value, and if that value is X, then add the "True" text, and if it's not, leave the blank ("False" value would be "").

Am I on the right track, or am I way off?

Thanks Paul,
Shawn