View Single Post

Old 05-12-2019, 04:03 AM
macropod macropod is offline Windows 7 64bit Office 2010 32bit
Administrator

macropod has a reputation beyond reputemacropod has a reputation beyond reputemacropod has a reputation beyond reputemacropod has a reputation beyond reputemacropod has a reputation beyond reputemacropod has a reputation beyond reputemacropod has a reputation beyond reputemacropod has a reputation beyond reputemacropod has a reputation beyond reputemacropod has a reputation beyond reputemacropod has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Cardin View Post
I use this, checked the wildcards check box, pressed Replace All and it responded: "All done. We made 54 replacements".

However there are only 32 instances of [inaudible 12:34] (with varying time stamps) in the document, and none of them had been highlighted in the chosen colour (yellow).
Once again, that implies the content isn't as you described... For example, perhaps there's a space before 'inaudible'
Quote:
When I did the same with the wildcards check box unchecked it responded: "All done. We made 33 replacements".
Without the 'use wildcards' option checked, such a Find could only ever find strings that were literally '\[<*> [0-9]@:[0-9]@\]'! I doubt you have any such strings and that any were found.
Quote:
In this document, which is one of many transcriptions I do, I have variables such as [voices overlap 12:34] and [wordguess 12:34] where I make a guess at an uncertain word.
Again, that is not what you described in post #1, where your post implied the presence of a single word. I suspect, too, that [wordguess 12:34] is either [ wordguess 12:34] or [word guess 12:34]; otherwise it would have been found.

Unless you describe accurately what you're dealing with, all you're leaving us with is a guessing game no-one here is interested in playing.