View Single Post

Old 05-06-2019, 11:52 AM
Charles Kenyon Charles Kenyon is offline Windows 10 Office 2016

Charles Kenyon has a brilliant futureCharles Kenyon has a brilliant futureCharles Kenyon has a brilliant futureCharles Kenyon has a brilliant futureCharles Kenyon has a brilliant futureCharles Kenyon has a brilliant futureCharles Kenyon has a brilliant futureCharles Kenyon has a brilliant futureCharles Kenyon has a brilliant futureCharles Kenyon has a brilliant futureCharles Kenyon has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by samouti View Post
Thanks
You mean firs I should use developer items then i should use Quick parts ?
"Quick Parts" is a poor term thought up by someone in marketing, I suspect. It refers to disparate features of Word that someone put under one menu.

"Building Blocks" is better but still very vague. It means something contained in a Building Blocks Gallery. AutoText was the first such tool and is still the only one available on Macs.

What I mean is that you will want a separate AutoText entry for each of these terms you want to be able to change. Then you use an AutoText field for that term in your other Building Blocks. When you change the AutoText entry, it will automatically change in your other building blocks.

You may have to unlink or lock your AutoText fields in your documents if they will be separated from the template that holds the building blocks. You can use a macro to do that. Write if you need the macro.