View Single Post

Old 04-23-2019, 02:25 PM
ArviLaanemets ArviLaanemets is offline Windows 8 Office 2016
Expert

ArviLaanemets has much to be proud ofArviLaanemets has much to be proud ofArviLaanemets has much to be proud ofArviLaanemets has much to be proud ofArviLaanemets has much to be proud ofArviLaanemets has much to be proud ofArviLaanemets has much to be proud ofArviLaanemets has much to be proud ofArviLaanemets has much to be proud of

SUMIFs() is not used in my example to calculate sum - it is used to return the sum of entries matching certain conditions. The task is to set those conditions in such way, that ideally the sum of value in single cell is returned - i.e. the value from single cell. This the formula did - except for one row, where the sum of 2 values was returned. I did write about this row, but I could not decide, why several values were found. Were dates in example table for this row wrong, or needed the formula more complex set of conditions - I had not enough information there.

As from your opening post those conditions were not clearly defined, I had to make a guess. I made one which did give best match with numbers you provided.

To get messages when no match was found, you probably have to add some helper columns. E.g. an column where COUNTIFS() function calculates the number of matching rows in BAF table. When the first formula returns 0, and the count is also 0, then there was no match. When the first formula returns 0, and count is >0, then there was a value 0 returned from BAF table.