View Single Post

Old 04-19-2019, 05:47 AM
Stingerhawk Stingerhawk is offline Windows 7 64bit Office 2007
Novice

Stingerhawk is on a distinguished road
Default Word does not detect any text when applying style reference

Hi there. If there is actually another topic with similar question please mind to redirect me.

I discovered a problem while trying to make a proper header. On the first page of my document I have several zones with strings of characters. I want to reference these zones in order to transfer all character strings from there to header. And once text is modified in the first page it should be updated automatically in the header.

First I've tried to simply use bookmarks. However, it does not work the way I need it. I can reference only text, but not the zone. I want to be able to delete all characters from text zone without losing the reference, which is apparently not possible with this method.

I've tried to use style reference by creating a specific style for each text zone. When I try to refer to each style while using QuickPart>Field>Style I have the above-mentioned error:"Error! No text of specified style in document". Although I literally have text with this style applied in the document. And it's unique so no other text is using same style. I don't understand, how does it work. I can't figure out what I'm doing wrong.

I would be grateful if someone could help me meet this requirement by fixing style reference issue or sharing with me another method.

Thank you in advance.