View Single Post

Old 04-07-2019, 01:24 PM
Charles Kenyon Charles Kenyon is offline Windows 10 Office 2016

Charles Kenyon has a brilliant futureCharles Kenyon has a brilliant futureCharles Kenyon has a brilliant futureCharles Kenyon has a brilliant futureCharles Kenyon has a brilliant futureCharles Kenyon has a brilliant futureCharles Kenyon has a brilliant futureCharles Kenyon has a brilliant futureCharles Kenyon has a brilliant futureCharles Kenyon has a brilliant futureCharles Kenyon has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by danemoreton View Post
Thanks. Charles, I am actually running Office on Windows 10

I think your suggestion of creating a field is going to be the way to go, though I have no experience doing that. I think I can figure it out.

After speaking with MS customer support, they gave up on the idea that it was possible to insert a current time using a shortcut which would not bring up the format window, at least on Windows.

I will work with your suggestions, Charles, and hopefully I can find the solution to this seemingly simple problem.

Thanks, guys!

Actually, they do work, as shown by Moonshine's video. On my system, I had to reassign the keyboard shortcuts to InsertDateField and InsertTimeField. Those commands, though, insert fields, not text, and they will change whenever the document is opened.

Take a look at my Date Loader Add-In. It has no macros and may do what you want if all you want is the CreateDate field.

Here is a template with the macros.
Attached Files
File Type: zip DateTimeStampAddIn.zip (32.0 KB, 4 views)