View Single Post

Old 02-10-2011, 07:52 PM
rickh25345 rickh25345 is offline Windows XP Office 2003
Novice

rickh25345 is on a distinguished road
Default Filtering/moving messages requesting Read Receipts

Hi - looking for guidance /assistance please and could not find a solution elsewhere on this site. I really dislike receiving email that includes a request for a Read Receipt (RR) and currently have Outlook 2003 View setup to identify Inbox messages where a RR is requested.

I am using Customise View-Messages to display the Outlook field "Receipt Requested" = "Yes" and display this "Yes" message in Red in a new Inbox column titled RR (if that all makes sense). It works but it's clunky. I do this as I want to know who is sending me messages with the RR attribute enabled, without mehaving to open the message to find out.

What I'd really like to do is also filter/move those messages directly to the Deleted Items folder and then turn on "Always Send a Response" in Tracking so that the person sending the message will know exactly what's happening - the message has been deleted without reading. I cannot install any 3rd party add-ons as I'm in a locked-down Corporate environment.

I cannot find a way to set this filter up - any ideas appreciated. Thanks in advance for any assist .