View Single Post

Old 02-09-2011, 07:38 PM
johnny51981 johnny51981 is offline Windows XP Office 2007
Novice

johnny51981 is on a distinguished road
Default Writing a Macro in VBA

Hi Everyone!
I apologize in advance if this has already been asked, but I'm trying to make things easier for myself when it comes to my project schedule.

My project schedule isn't actually for one large scale project, but a series of site projects that have the same tasks, dependencies and durations (that are adjusted based on completion).

Right now, I have a single site template schedule that I will copy from and paste into the schedule that I actively use for all sites.

My problem is, it is PAINFULLY slow to paste into my active schedule due to its size and the number of times I have to paste (I'm already thinking of breaking my schedule into different parts). Example...today, I had to had 50+ sites to my schedule and it took about 4½ hours to get them all pasted.

And now for the question: Does anyone know how to write or know of any websites that teach you how to write the Macro in VBA so I can have it create that template right into my active schedule to include all tasks, predecessors and durations directly?

Thank you in advance!

ETA: I would like to write the macro myself, rather than record it because I have a bit of difficulty with the tasks that have multiple predecessors....plus it would help strengthen overall knowledge.