TheFoxRocks TheFoxRocks is offline Windows 10 Office 2007
Novice

TheFoxRocks is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmayor View Post
Did you delete the normal template?

If you have not changed the default location enter or copy
%appdata%\Microsoft\Templates
to the address window of Windows File Explorer and you will be taken to the folder that contains the default template - which for Word 2016 is normal.dotm. Note that this folder is normally hidden.

See http://www.gmayor.com/what_to_do_when_word_crashes.htm

Do you have a printer driver installed? It is essential that Word has a printer driver available - even if the matching printer is not connected.

The video driver may still be at issue. Word makes surprising demands on the video driver. Are you using the one supplied by the video card manufacturer or the one that comes with Windows? Try both.
Hey gmayor,

I realize this thread is old and do not know if you will receive a notification or not but I am having a similar problem. I followed your link and deleted files in my temporary folder and it has not resolved my issue.

I am not even sure that I am experiencing the same problem. I have always had a feeling that my graphics card is what is causing the issues, but never sure. I only experience the issue while using Microsoft Word. I do not use the other office tools as much as I do Word so do not know if they have issues as well.

Anyway when I am typing in Microsoft Word the screen on my computer just goes black. I believe the computer is still responding, as in I can actually still navigate through things normally just my screen is black. It almost seems like it has gone into some permanent sleep state that is only helped by restarting. Also it seems like after the issue has occurred once it becomes more frequent. For instance, if I go straight back to Microsoft Word and start off immediately it seems to happen faster or more frequently.

This is ridiculously annoying. Also this is a screen shot of the folder location that you mentioned. I have Microsoft Word 2007.
Attached Images
File Type: png Microsoft is Garbage 01.png (5.0 KB, 14 views)