View Single Post

Old 02-28-2019, 09:59 AM
PA/EA/Secretary PA/EA/Secretary is offline Windows 10 Office 2010
Novice

PA/EA/Secretary is on a distinguished road
Question Reorganizing (re-sorting) page numbers

Hi, I'm new n this forum and I wonder if the following question has been asked before (I haven't found a search function.)

1) I'd like to be able to have the "Page X of Y" subset to come on top of my dropdown menu when I click "Insert page number / page bottom". As y'all know, by default, it's always at the end of the dropdown menu. I've been playing around with the QuickParts BuildingBlocks Organizer, renaming those sections "01 Page X of Y" or "AAA Page X of Y". Unfortunately, although they were renamed correctly, still this didn't work out though and that subset still comes up at the bottom of my list. In other words, nothing changed.

2) Similarly, for my Headings dropdown menu, I'd like my personal categories to come on top of my list. Despite my naming those categories "01 - Myself" or "AAA - Myself", they still come somewhere further down the dropdown menu. And yet again, playing around with the QuickParts BuildingBlocks Organizer proved unsuccessful. Again, in other words, nothing changed.

I guess thousands of users before me have wanted to organize their QuickParts BuildingBlocks by either renaming categories or creating new ones in such a way that the renamed or new categories showed on top of their dropdown menus. Sure there must be a workaround! Could somebody please either give me the solution or point me to the appropriate resolved & closed threads?