View Single Post

Old 02-26-2019, 05:03 PM
Guessed Guessed is offline Windows 10 Office 2016
Expert

Guessed has a brilliant futureGuessed has a brilliant futureGuessed has a brilliant futureGuessed has a brilliant futureGuessed has a brilliant futureGuessed has a brilliant futureGuessed has a brilliant futureGuessed has a brilliant futureGuessed has a brilliant futureGuessed has a brilliant futureGuessed has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by pfittro View Post
It will retain the same formatting using a discrete paragraph for each line. Inserting the word document as an embedded object does not populate any cells. Instead it is just a floating block.
The purpose of this is to use excel to quickly draw a table in Revit with notes formatted in Word. Unfortunately Autodesk has not made Revit friendly to bringing in large blocks of notes from Word.
If there is a simple code for my original post please let me know.
There isn't simple code for your original post request. All hanging indented content you add paragraphs in will completely look different and if bulleted or numbered then that would end badly. You would use soft returns (line breaks) rather than paragraph marks to avoid that issue but the result is only marginally better.

I still don't see the problem, if I copy Word content and go to Excel and choose Paste Special > Microsoft Word Document Object (as you said you are doing) then the content appears with the same line wraps that the Word document had.