View Single Post

Old 02-25-2019, 12:31 PM
Charles Kenyon Charles Kenyon is offline Windows 10 Office 2016

Charles Kenyon has a brilliant futureCharles Kenyon has a brilliant futureCharles Kenyon has a brilliant futureCharles Kenyon has a brilliant futureCharles Kenyon has a brilliant futureCharles Kenyon has a brilliant futureCharles Kenyon has a brilliant futureCharles Kenyon has a brilliant futureCharles Kenyon has a brilliant futureCharles Kenyon has a brilliant futureCharles Kenyon has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dusty0103 View Post

So, if a section ends on an odd page, Word will create a blank even page in order to place the next section starting on an odd page?

There is no workaround for this ?

The workaround is to use a Next-Page Section break rather than an Odd-Page section break.

Quote:

I have used "next page section breaks throughout the document, every section works well except for the one I'm having an issue with, appears that Word is doing what it's supposed to, issue it my lack of knowledge

Should I just accept the Word changes to my document and proceed?

Thanks again
George

---------

In your reply to someone else having this problem on March 6 2018, you stated

"The Next Page section break will always start a new page.

That there is a blank page after it before other text means something else is going on.

Try using Shift+F1 and other Reveal Formatting techniques to figure it out. Look for more page or section breaks and for formatting in the text following the blank page that would cause a page break.

Paragraph formatting that may be involved:
Page break before
Keep with next (most heading styles)
Keep lines together"

I stand by what I said then and what I've told you. They are completely consistent.

This is my chapter on how Sections work, including section breaks.
Sections / Headers and Footers in Microsoft Word (Ribbon Versions)