View Single Post

Old 02-19-2019, 01:45 AM
NicB NicB is offline Windows 10 Office 2016
Novice

NicB is on a distinguished road
Default Table styles - First column shading with bottom line on page break

Hi

I've been trying to solve this query for a while but cannot fathom it out, even with extensive testing/playing around with settings.

I am trying to create a new custom table style which has a shaded header row (repeating) and first column, an outside border around the entire table, with an internal border for the columns but no internal borders for the rows.

Basing my new style on List Table 1, I have managed to recreate the look I require. In 'Modify Table Style' > 'Whole Table' settings, I added the borders around the entire table and the internal column(s). I applied the required settings in 'Header'. In 'First Column' I added the shading and applied a border to the cell, which I see applies the border around the entire column. These settings give the look I need, as long as the table does not split across a page. If it splits, then the outside table border is applied to all columns, bar the first. Is there any way to ensure that the outside border is also applied to the first column, if the table breaks onto a second page?

I have found a similar issue here, but I cannot use VBA to resolve the issue and ideally, I don't want the End User to have to manually add lines to bottom rows.