View Single Post

Old 02-04-2011, 10:28 PM
macropod macropod is offline Windows 7 32bit Office 2000
Administrator

macropod has a reputation beyond reputemacropod has a reputation beyond reputemacropod has a reputation beyond reputemacropod has a reputation beyond reputemacropod has a reputation beyond reputemacropod has a reputation beyond reputemacropod has a reputation beyond reputemacropod has a reputation beyond reputemacropod has a reputation beyond reputemacropod has a reputation beyond reputemacropod has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by verbster View Post
Changing strategies, I think. What do you recommend as a quick way to put a frame or some kind of placeholder for specific sized photos that users can insert photos into.

For example, if i wanted to put two 3x5 areas, one above the other, so a user could insert one photo per 3x5 area (and have the photo resize itself upon insertion), which tool would be best to use?

One last question: Does Word support a way to use thumbnails of photos that will expand when clicked?

Thanks.
Hi verbster,

If you use fixed-size table cells, all a user would need to do to create a new one to insert a photo into is to press tab from the end of the last cell. That'll generate a new table row with the same dimensions as the old one.

As for the thumbnails, you could mimick that with a macro and by placing the images inside a MACROBUTTON field. Not something I'd be suggesting for the user to do; it's more like the kind of thing a developer might do to allow thumbnail toggling in a finished document. See attached.
Attached Files
File Type: zip PicSizer.zip (112.0 KB, 11 views)