View Single Post

Old 02-06-2019, 08:57 PM
RP McIntosh RP McIntosh is offline Windows 10 Office 2010
Novice

RP McIntosh is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by macropod View Post
There is evidently some form of corruption in the document, which I've not been able to rectify. That said, I have been able to extract the chart data and create a new chart in Excel. See attached.

You might like to play with the chart formatting to get it looking like your original, so you can maintain it all in Excel. You might even move the chart to a separate sheet to simplify printing. And, as I mentioned before, simply changing the date range spanned in Excel will allow you to have a single chart that spans any range of interest - something you can't easily do in your Word document.
Paul, Thanks. Have to admit, it looks interesting. Truth is, I haven't use Excel much. I have a huge (several years old) spreadsheet program that was originally developed in Lotus 1-2-3 that I still use, and since I more or less mastered the eccentricities of 1-2-3, I've stuck with it. But the few times I HAVE used Excel, I've been able to make the transition without much trouble. It hadn't dawned on me that I could insert a chart into Excel, but it is certainly worth some more exploration.

I want to thank you for the considerable trouble you went to in order to assist in this matter. I do appreciate it. And although I'm old, I'm still willing to learn. I also note that you are from Australia. I spent a week there in the 1960's on R&R when I was on duty in Vietnam, and have very fond memories of how generously and graciously those of us who were visiting were treated by the Australian people. Thanks again for your kindness then, and for it now.