View Single Post

Old 02-06-2019, 01:20 PM
RP McIntosh RP McIntosh is offline Windows 10 Office 2010
Novice

RP McIntosh is on a distinguished road
Default Update

Thought I would post an update to this subject in the hope of perhaps getting further insight as to the cause of this problem.

I've been fiddling with this for a while now. I still have no idea what causes this problem, but I have found a way to "fix" it, but only temporarily. I have found that if I click ONCE on the "after edit" version (the one with the huge text and only part of the document displayed, I can get the cross hairs to move the graph on the page. If I move it down and toward the right, I can get what I call the sizing handle to appear (it's the little dot in the middle of each side, top, bottom, and at each corner of the graph, which if you move the mouse over them, it becomes a double pointed arrow). At this point, the only one visible is the one in the upper left corner. If I position the mouse over it, and drag it down and to the right, it reduces the size of the text, and brings more of the document into view. Repeating this a few times makes the sizing handle in the top center, and the left side also visible. By repeated dragging of these handles, I can eventually get the bottom and other corner handles to appear also. With all of the handles now available (except the one on the right side), and by using the cross hairs to move the entire graph around on the page, I can get the whole thing back where it belongs, and properly sized. Once I have done this, and click out of the document (so that it is no longer selected), the reformatting stays put, and the document can be printed successfully. However, the next time I edit the document (by double clicking to bring up the data sheet), and click out of the document, it is back to its huge upper left corner only appearance. Since, as I said, I have no idea what is causing this, I'll add one more bit of information that may or may not be meaningful. During this whole process, as I mentioned before, the sizing handle on the right side is NOT visible. I CAN get it to come into view, but ONLY by sizing the total graph down so much that it fills only about 2/3 of the horizontal width of the page. In other words, there is a much larger distance between the right edge of the graph and the right sizing handle, than there is between the other three edges (left, top and bottom). I've checked the page setup margins, and both right and left are set the same, and changing them doesn't seem to effect this behavior. I've also looked through the various settings in the OPTIONS feature, and can't find anything that would appear to affect this situation.

Does this added information ring a bell or light a light in anyone's experience that might explain what is causing this?