View Single Post

Old 01-18-2019, 07:22 AM
Rob3007 Rob3007 is offline Windows 10 Office 2016
Novice

Rob3007 is on a distinguished road
Default Lost years of emails when first using outlook

Hi,

I have for the first time started to use Outlook. On Wednesday night I downloaded my emails (2006-2019) from my ISP's webmail. It all appeared to go well, except that I had multiple copies of all the folders - generally six complete duplicates of the Inbox and I think the same of Sent plus mostly empty folders of Trash etc.

I copied all the duplicates from the various inboxes into the top one - I wasn't sure at this stage if they were exact duplicates and didn't want to lose any. I then manually deleted the duplicates, but only got about half way through - I dealt with the years 2006-2010 before sleep called.

On Thursday night I came back to finish the job, but only the emails from 2014-2019 were in the Inbox. I rang my ISP support (no use at all) but during the conversation they all reappeared, so I assumed all would be OK. No, they disappeared again and now, Friday night they haven't reappeared. They have also been removed from the ISP's server. At least I can recover the 2006-2014 emails from the Trash folder, but I've still lost 4 years worth.

When I looked at my Sent folder an hour or so ago, it only had emails from 2014-2019, but right now it is showing them all.

Please, any suggestions for what has happened would be very gratefully received. Rob