View Single Post

Old 01-14-2019, 04:04 PM
Gerardo Gerardo is offline Windows 8 Office 2016
Novice

Gerardo is on a distinguished road
Question Creating a seconds timer but it has glitches

Hi everyone. It's a pleasure.

I'm trying to create my own timer using animations in PowerPoint. The article here was really helpful: https://www.experts-exchange.com/art...n-a-slide.html

I made two different sequences of animations: one for the units and the other for the tens. In both cases text boxes appear on top of the prior one, 1 to 9 for the units and 1 to 5 for the tens. In both cases the 0 isn't animated, it's just the text that the slide begins with. In the case of the units, the text boxes must appear at a speed (duration) of 1.00 sec for each. In theory the tens should sync with the units if they appear at a speed (duration) of 10.00 sec for each, but it didn't . I had to adjust the duration of each animation of the tens to 10.20 sec. Now the tens and units do sync quite well, but I'm worried this has made my timer inaccurate. That's the first glitch.

Following the steps of the article I linked, I used as trigger for each one of both sequences (units and tens) a different audio file inserted in the slideshow. Technically they're the same audio file inserted twice, that's why they have the same name. The audio files are completely silent, but they're in a constant loop, so that allows the animation sequences to also have a constant loop. I trimmed both audio files so the loops would last the proper time. I trimmed the units audio file to 10.00 seconds. That's how long it should take from 0 to 9 and start back again. And I trimmed the tens audio file to 1:01 min. I had to add that extra second as well for the tens and units animations to sync correctly. But, like I mentioned, this probably makes my timer inaccurate.

Aside from its inaccuracy, there's a second glitch I'm baffled about . For some reason after showing 59 it passes directly to 09, it then stays like that for approximately ten seconds, and then it continues with 10, 11, 12, and so on. This glitch seems to be connected to the trimming of the tens audio file. If I trim it instead to 1:00 or 1:02 min it won't freeze, but the tens and units will stop being in sync some time after the first loop.

I've uploaded my Power Point file for you guys: https://drive.google.com/uc?export=d...QrTUbY9dgvSUEY

Could you please download it and study all I did regarding both the audio files and the animation sequences? I really appreciate any help .