View Single Post

Old 01-06-2019, 02:41 PM
Rhen Rhen is offline Windows 10 Office 2010
Novice

Rhen is on a distinguished road
Default Emails disappear after closing and re-opening outlook

While trying to delete emails a few days ago I received an error message telling me I needed to run scanpst.ext. - at first in order to delete emails then, after ignoring the error for a while, I could no longer download new emails. It took me quite some time to find the correct file - in the meantime, trying different things advised on other sites - including Microsoft I tried to "repair" the outlook file by putting what I thought was original program disk - turned out to be 2007 not 2010. I am not sure if that caused part or all of my issue. I also was advised to remove my email account from outlook then reinstall it - after I ran the scanpst.exe. When I finally located the correct file, I ran scanpst.exe, then reinstalled my email account. I asked my husband to send me a test email - which I received then tried to delete.

Instead of moving the email to my delete folder, it drew a line through it and shaded it light gray. I tried again to hit delete - nothing happened. I clicked and dragged it to the delete folder. It put it in the delete folder but when I clicked back to the inbox, all the messages that downloaded along with the test message disappeared.

I repeated the process of deleting and re adding my email account multiple times - looking at and trying different things. even without trying to delete a message - if I shut down outlook and reopen it, all of the messages downloaded since the original account delete process are gone. If I try to delete a message, they turn gray, and have a line through them. If I click on any other folder - delete, sent, archive, whatever, then go back to the inbox, all of the newly downloaded messages are gone. I can delete the account and re add it to get them back but clearly this is not normal.

Any suggestions?
~Rhen