View Single Post

Old 12-15-2018, 06:50 AM
14spar15 14spar15 is offline Windows 7 64bit Office 2010 64bit
Advanced Beginner

14spar15 is on a distinguished road

Thank you for the response here. I’ve have never used Microsoft Word styles before so I have done some research on them but I’m still having problems here. I’m not sure if your solution was meant to just replace running this macro are not. It seems that the styles are based more on individual paragraphs. Here’s an example of what might be in the text box I’m applying this macro to.

This is where I will be going for this year’s vacation.

Las Vegas
Hoover dam

I will be taking this vacation sometime in the spring before it starts getting too hot.

I’m using some script here so the macro will always be applied to the text box regardless of its content.
The macro is working fine in these cases.
1. In the above case I would highlight Las Vegas and Hoover Dam and then run the script that would run the macro that would add bullets (large like I want) and set the font for the entire text box.
2. If I manually add the bullets and run the macro everything works fine. I just make sure when the macro is run that nothing is highlighted in the text box.
3. If I do not want any bullets and I run the macro everything works fine. Again I just make sure that nothing is highlighted when the macro is run.

The problem is if I copy some text from another source that already has bullets (that appear to be a large) and run the macro (nothing is highlighted) quite often the resulting bullets are just small little dots and I always want my normal large ones.