View Single Post

Old 11-27-2018, 08:48 PM
Guessed Guessed is offline Windows 10 Office 2016
Expert

Guessed has a brilliant futureGuessed has a brilliant futureGuessed has a brilliant futureGuessed has a brilliant futureGuessed has a brilliant futureGuessed has a brilliant futureGuessed has a brilliant futureGuessed has a brilliant futureGuessed has a brilliant futureGuessed has a brilliant futureGuessed has a brilliant future

I don't use floorplans so have never encountered this behaviour before but there there is a solution that works for me.

It looks like you 'should' be able to make a change to a document or page property which could then be picked up by the shapesheet on every object however this doesn't appear to be the case so you need to do this on a shape by shape basis.

If you view the shapesheet for an object which displays this behaviour, you will probably find a user defined cell called User.visBESelected. The value of this is either 1 or 0 depending on whether the shape is selected. You can set it to be permanently set to 1 by changing its value to =Guard(1).

This would have the effect you desire but you will need to do the same for each object you want the text to appear on. Perhaps if you modified the masters on the Document Stencil you can get all the instances of that master at once.

I don't know whether you have played in shapesheets much before but if you are comfortable with the principles involved and do floorplans often, you could create a document level property which can be turned on or off and point the formula in each of the shapes to whatever value is in that property so you can quickly toggle between showing or hiding the dimensions.