View Single Post

Old 11-27-2018, 08:25 PM
Guessed Guessed is offline Windows 10 Office 2016
Expert

Guessed has a brilliant futureGuessed has a brilliant futureGuessed has a brilliant futureGuessed has a brilliant futureGuessed has a brilliant futureGuessed has a brilliant futureGuessed has a brilliant futureGuessed has a brilliant futureGuessed has a brilliant futureGuessed has a brilliant futureGuessed has a brilliant future

Pete, I didn't see the other thread but glad you have worked out the problem.

I haven't used Background Save for a long time but when it first appeared as an option it was very ordinary. In principle, it should have been just like background printing and that would have made sense. For me however, it made saving a file exceptionally slow. Something that would take 2 seconds to save would take about 20 seconds to save. Now if it just did it in the background that would have been OK but it didn't. While it was saving, I still couldn't type or change anything in the file - Word's resources were completely consumed by the background save so it was just a pointless exercise using that option.

Perhaps Microsoft have improved the background save functionality in recent versions of Word and I just don't know because I don't ever use it. I don't ever work on machines/files that take more than a few seconds to save so I don't see the need to ever use it anyway.