View Single Post

Old 11-20-2018, 06:08 AM
Marcia Marcia is offline Windows 7 32bit Office 2007
Expert

Marcia has a spectacular aura aboutMarcia has a spectacular aura aboutMarcia has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by p45cal View Post
1. Would you be happy with the macro calculating the totals of absences etc. instead of formulae on the sheet?
2. Would it be OK to change any instance of T/O entered by the user to TO? Likewise with T/I being changed to TI?

1. A macro calculating the total absences is very much much better than formulae because there is less chance by the user deleting a macro than a formula, even if the formulae is sheet protected. However, would the macro be affected if say on June 12, there was no classes. Under the column of June 12, I merge the cells then overwrite the formula to Independence Day (vertical text). To prevent the macro for triangles activating the shape for cutting classes, I insert a symbol that looks like c to represent the letter c in the word independence. I do the same for no classes with reasons containing letter L, the macro code for tardy.

2. We retain the T/O and T/I because they are codes by order of the department of education. T/O for Transferred Out learners, T/I for Transferred In, DRP for Dropped, and surprise, just straight LE for Late Enrollment.