View Single Post

Old 11-20-2018, 02:26 AM
RanchRoad1005 RanchRoad1005 is offline Windows 10 Office 2016
Novice

RanchRoad1005 is on a distinguished road
Unhappy Three calendars yesterday, only one today

Outlook (contacts, calendar and reminders) a mess after resetting machine to out of box configuration.

I'm sorry for this long post, but I want to provide anyone who can help me with as much data as needed.

Late Tue. 11/13/18 I clicked install (I presume a Windows or Office update) and shut down. Wed. morning 11/14/18 I could not log into my Dell desktop 8910. Since I couldn't see any of my contacts, I did not have the number of Dell Tech Support; got it from a friend. After over an hour on remote access the Dell tech said my Windows operating system had been corrupted and my only option was to re-install Windows.

Background info: I have only satellite internet from Viasat/Exede and no wi-fi. Each night I disable Local Area Connection and unplug my modem. I did this before clicking install and update on 11/13/18. In the mornings I plug in modem, click Local Area Connection icon on desktop and enable it. When I turn on my computer I am not automatically connected to the internet. Thus Wed. morning I could not access the internet because I couldn't log in to my machine.

After the re-install of the OS and Microsoft Office 365 (subscription) I was able to retrieve most of my files from my Western Digital Passport backup drive, get into Excel and Word and open my files as usual.

Outlook was a different story. I had been using it for 1.5 years and had tons of contacts and calendar items and reminders. I opened my most current Passport backup file from Outlook.

At first there were three calendars listed in the lower left hand corner of Calendar. Although the newly created default My Calendar was basically empty, I was delighted to see that the other two calendars, both much larger in size, had all my contacts and calendar items.

Today only the newly created default My Calendar is available. Some of the reminders (now all duplicated in Reminders window) began to appear. In one or two other calendar items I clicked Copy to my Calendar and they appeared in Reminders. asd did some calendar items I hadn't copied. I could open them from the Reminders window, but none of them were found in Search Calendar box. If I edited one and clicked Save and Close, both would disappear from Reminders window.

Shall I try to re-open the same or different backup folder to see if I can get back to having three calendars?