View Single Post

Old 11-17-2018, 09:48 AM
sunnyimran sunnyimran is offline Windows 10 Office 2013
Novice

sunnyimran is on a distinguished road
Default How about using Access as bar code bank?

as the title says how about using MS Access 2016 as bar code database.
That will generate all bar code strings as required.

Is there a way to get Access fields connect with Visio Text box.

To clarify requirement:
I need to print more than thousand books. Each book will be 32 pages double sided print.

Bar code 128 B will be used now.

Bar Code sequenced portion

bar code string: 01-MS0123456789-A1
Shown in blue are the string parts that will go through same sequence in all books.
In future this sequence (as explained in my first post) may also be said to change. That's why I am thinking to create bar code string in a separate app like MS Access.

Bar Code random portion
Bar code string: 04-MS0123456789-02
the portion in red is fixed for random digits.

I will be given range of numbers to generate random codes between this range and complete the string then generate a bar code.
For example print 1500 copies of my 32 paged Book with barcodes randomness starting from 0123456789 -to- 123458289
The portion in green depicts the range for random numbers

I will try to create a UI in VBA for MS ACCESS. which will help in generating and storing bar code string.
can you give some pointers on how to connect MS ACCESS fields with visio text box? is it possible that visio text box get its text from ACCESS fields at automation?
Another thing is that how to store bar code in ACCESS. I found no datatype matching for that. so obvious for me is store as image. Then can we import this image in visio at specific fixed places at automation run time?

this all got messy. Take your time to understand and respond please