View Single Post

Old 11-03-2018, 06:37 PM
Marcia Marcia is offline Windows 7 32bit Office 2007
Expert

Marcia has a spectacular aura aboutMarcia has a spectacular aura aboutMarcia has a spectacular aura about

Attached is your sample that I revised. Custom format your time into [h]:mm:ss. There's a formula in column D (my own insertion). Take note also of the SUBTOTAL function that was used to get the total of the rows. In this way, any rows of data that you insert or any subtotal will be automatically included in your grand totals.

In cell X2 where you want the grand total of hours clocked in for a specific task, SUMIF was used so that if you insert columns, the total hours that you inserted will also be added in the sum. If you don't like the column heading "Hours of Work, you may change them, but make sure that you edit the formula in cell X2. Replace the "Hours of Work" to your desired heading.

About the debit or credit column. If the estimated number of hours is greater than the actual hours worked over the task, is the result credit? Your formula of =C2-X2 might not work when there is slippage, when the actual work hours exceeds the estimated hours. I separated the credit and debit columns to take into account the possibility for slippages, credit for positive results, debit for negative ones. It's your choice.