View Single Post

Old 01-27-2011, 06:05 PM
WaltR WaltR is offline Windows Vista Office 2007
Competent Performer

WaltR is on a distinguished road
Default Share your tips for centering images in table cells

I could really use some advice about how to center images in table cells. What I usually do is insert the image, then go to "more layout options" and choose "centered" for both horizontal and vertical. The horizontal usually works very good, but I'm having one heck of a time with vertical. For horizontal it says centered "relative to column," but for vertical there's not a "row" option. It says "page," "line," "top margin," etc. I don't know which one I should select. And besides this, even after I set vertical and horizontal, the settings don't stick.

If I set it to "absolute position," I can set it and when I look at the image it doesn't move at all and when I go back and look at my setting, it's changed.

I've tried setting the cell alignment to "centered" both horizontally and vertically but even this doesn't always work. I can get it centered but then if I change the size of the cell at all the image moves out of center.

I have text wrapping set to Top and Bottom which should make the image float free, but when I grab the image and try to center it, it won't stick or moves to the top or bottom and won't go anywhere else.

Arrrrgggggg! This is driving me NUTS!